Given recent announcements by the government relaxing some lockdown rules, and following guidance from the NRA, the committee has finalised the plans for limited re-opening of our Club.
From Saturday 6 June, ITSC will open its ranges for shooting on Saturdays and Sundays only for now.
All shooting will be by pre-booked blocks only. If you have not booked in advance, you should not come to the range.
Bookings for Saturday & Sunday can be made from 10.00am on the Thursday prior to the weekend. Please do not try to make any bookings before 10.00am on Thursday.
The booking process and contact details for each range/discipline are in the document alongside (COVID 19 Response) which you should read in full as it contains vital information about changes to our shooting processes and restrictions we have had to put in place. If you fail to meet those restrictions, you will not be able to shoot.
Here are some key safety and public health reminders for all
members which are covered in detail in the document but which would benefit
from re-enforcing here:
1. If you or anyone in your household has any COVID 19 symptoms, you should not come to the range. You should self-isolate as covered in government guidance. Stay at home - protect others.
2. If you have been advised by the NHS to shield on clinical grounds, please stay away from the range. We do not want anybody taking unnecessary risks by coming to the Club. Stay at home - protect yourself.
3. Face coverings in the main and air ranges is compulsory for shooters and range officers. If you do not bring face masks/coverings with you, you will not be allowed to shoot.
4. Social distancing of 2 metres must be observed at all times including in the open areas of the Club. Processes, layouts and commands have changed to ensure this.
5. Hand sanitisation points will be provided for members to use before and after shooting.
6. New surface cleaning protocols after shooting will be in place, and shooters will be required to assist with this.
7. The less equipment you bring with you, the less time you will take setting up etc so please be sensible and follow the guidance/limits in the documentation.
8. There will be no access to the toilet facilities – please make sure you allow for this in planning your visit.
9. Members should please bring their own pens for signing into the ranges. The fewer unnecessary interactions between people, the better.
10. When members have completed their shooting, you are asked to leave site straight away. We’ve missed each other’s company I’m sure, but we cannot encourage gathering in groups, so please don’t do this.
11. Crucially, if you become unwell after your shooting with any COVID 19 symptoms, please inform the club so other shooters from the same group can be advised to self-isolate.
The documents on this page are very detailed and long. The nature of the changes we are having to make means sharing with you the new approaches and restrictions. These restrictions are being imposed to allow members to enjoy their shooting, albeit on a limited basis.
Please make sure we all play our part in making this work in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Until we see you at the range, take care and stay safe.
Chris Clingham – ITSC Chairman