Given recent announcements by the government relaxing some lockdown rules, and following guidance from the NRA, the committee has finalised the plans for limited re-opening of our Club.
From Saturday 6 June, ITSC re-opened its ranges for shooting initially on Saturdays and Sundays only but is now fully open for all shooting activities but limited in numbers per range.
For the main range, capacity is limited to 4 shooters and the air range is limited to 4 shooters on any one occasion. For external ranges, archery, shotgun, practical, these ranges are not limited in numbers, but care must be taken to ensure adequate social distancing.
Here are some key safety and public health reminders for all
members which are covered in detail in the documents but which would benefit
from re-enforcing here:
1. If you or anyone in your household has any COVID 19 symptoms, you should not come to the range. You should self-isolate as covered in government guidance. Stay at home - protect others.
you have been advised by the NHS to shield on clinical grounds, please
stay away from the range. We do not want anybody taking unnecessary risks
by coming to the Club. Stay at home - protect yourself.
coverings in the main and air ranges is compulsory for shooters and range
officers. If you do not bring face masks/coverings with you, you will not
be allowed to shoot.
4. Social distancing of ideally 2 metres, and never within 1 metre, must be observed at all times including in the open areas of the Club. Processes, layouts and commands have changed to ensure this.
5. Hand sanitisation points are provided for members to use before and after shooting.
6. New surface cleaning protocols after shooting are in place, and shooters are required to assist with this.
7. Members should please bring their own pens for signing into the ranges. The fewer unnecessary interactions between people, the better.
8. Crucially, if you become unwell after your shooting with any COVID 19 symptoms, please inform the club so other shooters from the same group can be advised to self-isolate.
The documents on this page are very detailed and long. The nature of the changes we are having to make means sharing with you the new approaches and restrictions. These restrictions are being imposed to allow members to enjoy their shooting, albeit on a limited basis.
Please make sure we all play our part in making this work in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Until we see you at the range, take care and stay safe.
Chris Clingham – ITSC Chairman